Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Day 5 Bikes & Back to Williamsburg

Day 5

Wednesday, October 7, 2015
Today we rode bikes and then we made a return visit to Colonial Williamsburg.

Later tonight we'll watch the Cubs/Pirates game to see who plays the Cardinals for the NL Title.

 This bridge is just after mile 5.

 We stopped here to use the restroom and scope out our path.

 Started at Unlimited Bikes in Williamsburg. We proceeded to the Chickahominy Riverfront Trailhead.  We made it to mile 12 in Sherwood Forest (just off the picture to the left).

 Getting ready to go over this bridge.

 At the summit. Jan made me take off my hat and glasses. 
It exposes my bald head.
Here's Jan with her bike as I faced the other directions where my picture was taken.

.22 seconds
I liked Sherwood Forest so I grabbed my phone and took this video.

My bike on the move. 

 Jan took this shot for Candy Boulay.
She gave us the bag I am wearing as a back pack.
And yes, this is as far as we went today. 
We should've turned around at mile 11 or even 10. 
We were way too exhausted when we got back to the bike shop.

 We stopped here for lunch. Our very own lunch site.
When we were sitting, I noticed there was a bird's next still on the fallen tree.
The next picture shows a close up of that next...

 To see what the bird's nest would look like you'll need to turn your head to the side and imagine the tree upright.

 Going back over the bridge we crossed earlier.

 End of the day. Back at the bike shop.

 We went back to Colonial Williamsburg to catch the tour at the Governor's Mansion.
This was our tour guide.

 The main entrance of the Governor's Mansion.
Note the guns and swords on display. 
Yes, they were actually used in battle.

The Governor's Mansion gardens. Very nice.

We took note of the ornate handiwork above the back entrance.

.18 seconds
A panoramic view of the gardens.

 We kept finding some surprises as we went back deep into the gardens.
I especially like the bold walls.

 Some area just moving around counter clockwise.

Last shot in panoramic 90 degree view.

.19 seconds
A 360 degree view of the side grounds. 
Walking back to the car. Another great day behind us.

.09 seconds
Saw this CSX coal train. I had to take a couple of videos.
This is on the way to and from the Revolutionary City.

.08 seconds
One last view of the CSX unit coal train. 
Led by 2 CSX locomotives.

No comments:

Post a Comment